- Our children deserve a single, well-funded system of public schools.
- Our community benefits from excellent public schools.
- Schools thrive by developing mutual respect and cooperation between teachers, students, and parents.
- All children should have access to a full, vibrant curriculum.
- Teaching, learning, and growth cannot be quantified by standardized tests.
- Assessments should be used to support children, teachers, and schools.
- Teachers are professionals and deserve our support.
- Local control of education is essential so that schools are accountable to the communities they serve.