2019 ICPE Legislative Positions
- ICPE supports a strong annual funding increase of at least 3% in tuition in support for Indiana's public schools
- ICPE opposes legislation that would remove caps on vouchers or expand voucher eligibility.
- ICPE supports legislation and policies that promote transparency in the budget regarding Scholarship Granting Organizations (SGOs) and how tax dollars are being used in voucher, charter and innovation network schools.
- ICPE opposes Education Savings Accounts, a concept that would reverse academic and financial accountability to taxpayers.
- ICPE supports tax credits for public school families for textbooks and related education expenses.
- ICPE opposes legislation that would expand tax credits for private school parents, home school families, or contributions to Scholarship Granting Organizations (SGOs).
- ICPE supports parental choice regarding the right to opt their children out of excessive standardized testing without harming their student or their school.
- ICPE supports keeping the State Superintendent as a position elected by the voters in order to maintain the priority on public education established in the 1851 Constitution.